August 2, 2010

Our coffee table

I completed a project last week that has been a long time coming - our own coffee table.  I purchased it a couple of years ago, fully intending to paint it white straight away, but it never happened.  It has now, and I am thrilled with the results!

Typically, I couldn't find a plain 'before' shot of just the table, as I don't usually take photos of my coffee table.  This was the cutest one I could find :)
I flipped it upside down to paint the legs first, firstly because there was alot more work in painting the legs than the top, and secondly because I didn't want to be laying a newly-painted top down on the floor to do the legs.
I did one coat of Smooth Surface Sealer then 3 coats of Resene Spacecote Low Sheen Waterborn Enamel in Quarter Ash.  Despite being the middle of winter, this paints dries super fast...I got all 3 top coats done in one day.
Here it is flipped right-side up..I was tempted to keep it like this for about...3 seconds!  
And here it is, light, bright, lovely, and distressed, now located in my other lounge, away from the boy and his Lightning McQueen cars!
I am showing this off at
Furniture Feature Fridays
 and

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
xx Karen

6 comments:

  1. Karen it's gorgeous!! Love it! Your little boy is a cutie too. Thanks for sharing. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the matchbox car photo with your son. :-)

    Love what a can of paint can do for something. You updated it and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it~I thought the top was nice just left as it was, but then I saw the next photo I had to admit it's better white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous redo. Looks lighter and brighter. Looks great all in white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks gorgeous! i wish i had something to redo...i've been on the lookout, but i can't find anything! great job!

    coming by from FFF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your coffee table!! It looks so good painted white. It has a wonderful farmhouse look to it.

    ReplyDelete