August 16, 2010

Little Wine Table

This cute little table belongs to my son's Nursery School teacher.  She knew I did a bit of painting and asked me if I could turn this into something with a 'french country' feel.
I didn't take and 'during' photos (sorry!) but first I washed it, then primed it with smooth surface sealer.  Then gave it two coats of Resene Quarter Ash.  The table previously had a little bit of a metallic finish and I decided to keep a bit of that look, so antiqued it using test pots of Resene Tea and Resene Bedrock.  I am really pleased with how it turned out, but not sure that the subtle antiqued effect shows up so well in photos...here we go...
I hope she likes it!

Sharing this at


and

xx Karen

6 comments:

  1. Karen, it looks so pretty! I love all of the detail on it. So much nicer in the cream color. You did a lovely job! I am sure your son's nursery school teacher will be very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. karen it looks lovely! i am sure the teacher will be thrilled. and maybe i am strange, but i liked the funky green, too! ;)
    it has turned so much softer and prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she'll like it~it looks so fresh and pretty, what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun artistic detail in this piece. Would look good with some glazing as well. It turned out very nicely.

    ReplyDelete