November 20, 2013

Paris Grey China Hutch

Hello....I've got a few projects that I've finished over the past few weeks and not yet written about them...will try and catch up, starting now!

This one I actually finished today.
I am a little bit in love with it!
Here is how it started out...
I immediately envisaged it painted in grey and white and filled with white china and natural coloured things, so styling it today and seeing my vision come to life was pretty fun!
I gave the exterior two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey. For the inside I used a custom mix of Pure White and French Linen (approximately 1/3rd of a tin of Pure White with a couple of tablespoons of French Linen) - this took the starkness off the Pure White and just gave it a nice antique white look without the yellowish tones of Old White.  I'm really happy with how the white looks.
The inside has had 3 coats of white.

New 4cm crystal knobs give it a nice bit of bling!







I'm taking this to my next market stall, which, weather permitting, will be this Sunday 24th November at Cassegrain Winery, Port Macquarie from 9am-3pm.


7 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Karen! Makes me want to get started on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty!!! love the gray and love the backing on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks beautiful now....and the nik naks look right at home on her shelves.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour mix! All the best for the market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the gray looks beautiful on this piece!
    I would love to feature it, if that would be ok please let me know,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, I would buy it....if I weren't in Canada ;-) I bet it sells fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty and classic color combination! And I love the board backing and door inserts!

    ReplyDelete