September 24, 2013

Vintage Green and Cream Corner Hutch

Hello...funny story...I posted a progress shot of this project on my Facebook page the other day, saying how I had decided it was well and truly time to get it finished.  It kept getting pushed down the list because I was doing it to keep for our home...you know...a furniture painter's furniture never gets around to being painted ;)
So, Sunday afternoon I got it done!
The funny part is, now it is done, I've decided I don't have the room for it, particularly because last week I painted (then decided to keep) the French Linen Buffet.  I love them both but they are such different styles...and the French Linen Buffet fits better in our home.

Here's how the corner hutch started out...

I painted it using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® - Old White on the inside, and a custom 'vintage' green on the outside.  To make the green I used Antibes, Old White and French Linen in quantities I didn't really measure - it was approx equal amounts of Antibes and Old White with half the quantity of French Linen.  I did the first coat of green a lighter, cleaner shade to give it a bit of a layered effect.
It is very subtle but I think that it works well with this piece to add to the vintage feel.

Here's how it looks all finished...


It reminds me of this hutch I did last year...
That was pre-ASCP, and I used Porters Glossodia for the green and Resene Pearl Lusta for the cream. It's up there as one of my most-viewed posts...although nowhere near as many views as this one,or this one - which, ironically, has nothing to do with furniture makeovers!











This piece is for sale, please contact karen@restyledvintage.com for details.

Linking up with:

7 comments:

  1. adorable! i always love your staging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been busy lately!! I've missed a few! It's been hutch city at your place :-)
    Love the French linen one too, it really does look a beautiful colour.
    And congrats on the job and reaching your goal!! Well done you, I'm so excited for you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Karen! Love the green, I think I'm going to need to try something green too.

    And I have to agree - stuff for my own house never seems to come to the top of the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Karen! Love the green, I think I'm going to need to try something green too.

    And I have to agree - stuff for my own house never seems to come to the top of the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, such a beautiful transformation! Can I suggest that the top doors come off the hutch? It looks a little top heavy, but the pics of the doors open look much more spacious and appealing :) just my opinion tho :)

    ReplyDelete