September 7, 2013

Hall Stand for Paula

Hello!  This week I've been working on a custom job - this gorgeous hall stand.  
Paula, the owner had visited my market stall a few times and liked my work. She contacted me recently with a few projects she wanted me to work on.  All the pieces are gorgeous and I feel so honoured to be responsible for their transformations :)

Paula had seen my 'Sweet Pea' Green Bookcase and decided that was the colour she wanted for her hall stand. I think that was an excellent decision, because after two coats of paint and some seriously energetic hand distressing then waxing, this is how it looks...











To finish, here is a good old side-by-side comparison.  Paula was absolutely thrilled with her 'new' hall stand, and immediately insisted I take a plate of brownies home with me (truth be told, not all of them made it home...they were so delicious!)
I also brought home another piece of Paula's furniture, a lovely china cabinet which she wants painted in the same green.

Better get painting...see you again soon!


9 comments:

  1. It really turned out beautifully Karen. I don't think I've ever painted anything in green before but this just might tempt me. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Karen! And brownies?! That's gotta be the best compliment ever ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a delicious colour!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen dosnt look the same hall stand .Beautiful-love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks gorgous with its new spring look. The brownies were indeed well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour Karen, bet her owner is just loving the outcome.

    ReplyDelete