June 20, 2013

Duck Egg Drawers

After being given some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to try out recently, I loved it so much I have become a paying customer, purchasing another tin of Old White and a tin of Duck Egg from Crab Apple Vintage in Newcastle this week.  I was absolutely thrilled with the service I received from them - I ordered the paint around 11am on Tuesday, and 24 hours later it was on my doorstep some 200+ km's away.  Their courier costs are the cheapest I have found of all the NSW stockists too (just over $10 for up to 4 tins).  I'll definitely be back for more!
Of course I got straight to work putting this paint on something...a couple of things actually but the other one is still a work in progress.  I picked up this little set of drawers and thought they would be perfect in Duck Egg.
I gave them a clean, filled the extra handle holes, then applied two coats of ASCP in Duck Egg.  The photo below is after one coat (sorry it's not a great photo, but the only one I took!)
I hand distressed with 240 grit sandpaper then waxed.  I found the colour changed quite significantly after I applied the wax, much more so than with Old White or Antibes Green.
These crackle finish porcelain knobs are my favourites at the moment...I've even put them on my kitchen cabinets :)

*I paid full retail cost for the paint at Crab Apple Vintage and they don't even know I am mentioning them...I was just highly impressed with their service and wanted to share that fact :)

This chest of drawers is for sale has sold, thanks.

Sharing at Lilyfield Life

8 comments:

  1. so great you found a good supplier and got the paint so quickly. the drawers look great. I love the duck egg blue also. hope you have a good weekend
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! you know i love that color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NZVal Colour looks really good...makes a nice piece of furniture instead of outdated old drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's interesting that you found it changed after waxing more so than the other colours you've used. I guess I've only compared it to old white and had expected it to be different as white always is.
    I'm looking forward to trying more colours too!!
    A perfect piece (and knobs) for that gorgeous color! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Karen, and the knobs are fantastic too!

    So glad the supplier worked out, they were lovely when I visited (Emma and Harry touched EVERYTHING in they shop at least once) so I'm glad there service was good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love Duck Egg and Old White. Two of my favorite Annie Sloan colors! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, love it, love it, Karen. I am your newest follower. I found you through Romantic Homes and I am doing a little post about you and the other featured bloggers tomorrow if you want to pop by. Love your blog- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete