June 3, 2011

Side Table - Before and After

Almost a year ago now, I did these Bar Stools for Deb.  To my delight she rang me a few weeks ago to ask if I would do a little side table for her.  Of course I was pleased to, I particularly love it when clients return to me, because it confirms that they like what I have done, and also that the previous work I completed must be holding up well (I don't doubt that it will, but it is still nice to know!)

This is the wee table - lovely shapes but far too 'Nana'.
Deb wanted a french country feel for the table so I primed it as usual, then painted it in Resene Pearl Lusta before distressing then adding my own recipe of antiquing glaze.  Here is the finished result...
The varnish on the table had an excellent little 'flaw' which you can see here, the varnish had crazed a bit which I never sand out as I like to use it to my advantage..it looks fantastic once painted and glazed and adds a very authentic 'shabby' look to a piece.  Imperfections are a good thing in this style of furniture!
This plate was a junk shop find on my recent North Island holiday...the colours are my favourites, and go with my kitchen beautifully!

Speaking of my kitchen, we are just about to list our home for sale, and since I have never fully shared a 'home tour' on my blog, I may do that once the estate agent has been and taken photos...watch this space!

xx Karen

6 comments:

  1. Sweet little table! I just painted one like that in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the shape of that table... so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great little table you'll be able to use in some many different spaces. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, and sooo much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a darling table. It's got a fun little shape to it. Nice job, Karen. I love the blue dresser that you have in the background. Lovely blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great table. The shape of it is so dainty and sweet! I do have to say it looks better white!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete