June 21, 2011

Before and After - Baby Pink Desk

This mahogany desk languished for ages in my to-do pile...I guess other more exciting projects kept pushing in on it!

Here are the 'before' photos...

After priming it with BIN, I sprayed it with a baby pink Resene paint called Cosmos.

Here it is, all finished...
The retro office chair is also one of my recent projects, but I still have to paint the chair frame white.
I LOVE the glass bling handles!
I chose not to distress this piece, which was very unusual for me...I just felt this piece needed to be kept simple and pretty.

xx Karen


10 comments:

  1. I love the desk and the fabric on that chair is Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so cute! I ador the chair, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it.Just Darling, that swivel flower chair is so sweet as well..
    Thanks for sharing
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Karen. I just finished a piece that I chose not to distress either. I agree...some pieces are meant to be kept simple. Love the crystal knobs! Pink and crystal knobs are so feminie and pretty. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful I love it!
    bye Vlaďka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, it's precious!! The knobs are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's super pretty with those knobs and that floral chair Karen - nice job! (you gotta know when to distress and when to go solid!)

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful Karen, what a transformation! From a piece most people wouldn't look twice at to a pretty functional piece of furniture to use and enjoy. Love the chair too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the finished product. The glass handles really add a nice touch to the desk.

    ReplyDelete