June 18, 2011

Before and After - Shabby Chic Apple Green Cabinet

First of all, sorry things have been a bit quiet on the post front lately.  Projects have slowed a bit since it is winter here, and really rather cold...not the best painting weather!  Besides that, our house is for sale so my ability to get stuck into projects seems to have been a bit sidelined.  On the plus side, there seem to be plenty of interested potential buyers, which is wonderful and gives me hopes of a quick result so we can make our next move...more on that in due course!

A wee while back, I picked up this little wooden cabinet at the local op shop.  It was rather plain and boring but something about it spoke to me.
It had some excellent little 'flaws' in the varnish that I knew would come up well once painted and distressed...I never sand these parts out, I love to keep them for the character they add...
It reminds me of tiger skin bread!

I chose to paint it a lovely apple green colour, and distressed it quite heavily so that the BIN primer and the timber showed through.  Here it is, all finished...
The blue rosebud stool is a recent client commission.
I chose some little porcelain rose knobs to finish it off.
I always paint the insides of cupboards, it doesn't feel 'finished' to me if you just slap paint on the outside and leave it all yucky and dark inside!

Sharing this with
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
and
 
Furniture Feature Fridays
 
xx Karen

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Karen! I love the inside being painted as well. I've been thinking about you with your house for sale. Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete