June 1, 2012

Before and After: French Country Sideboard in Pastel Blue and White

























I pounced on this gorgeous sideboard as soon as I saw it (and as soon as the other two women eyeing it up walked away...thankfully one of their husbands walked up and said he hated it!)


I love the details on this piece!

I knew exactly how I wanted this piece to look, and I used my favourite pastel blue mistint, along with Antique White USA.  I also waxed this piece with a clear and a dark oak to really bring out the details.

Here it is all finished, I think it looks much better now!

I went with a really antiqued finish on this one, here are some lots and lots of detail shots...
Sometimes I remove all the hardware, sometimes I paint over it...it depends on the look and feel and I am going for, I can assure you it is not laziness :)













I tipped it up like this to paint the legs:

Love how the doors are a tiny bit uneven...adds character!

I wonder what the husband of the poor woman who wanted it would make of it now? ;)


**this piece has sold**

Sharing this at




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 and
Primitive and Proper
giveaways