April 27, 2012

Pastel Blue Kitchen Cabinet


Hello!  I have a before and after post here, my new workshop/studio has certainly been getting lots of use!

A while back, I won a tender on these two stereo cabinets from the local Tender Centre (lots of treasures there!)

They are constructed from solid pine, and in great condition, but I knew I could make them feel like a more versatile piece of furniture than somewhere to store your stereo.

While I was working on the first one, a client came to my studio to view this dining suite, which she ended up buying.

She decided that the cabinet would be perfect for some kitchen storage for her, and made the decision to buy it, before it was even finished.  I am delivering it to her tomorrow...I hope she likes it!

I took out the glass from the cupboard and replaced it with chicken wire...much cuter!


I made an executive decision to add some bling.

Now to decide what colour to do the next one...

Sharing this at
Furniture Feature Fridays

13 comments:

  1. You know she'll love it. It is too cute.
    Im now following you and hope you'll visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and follow back. THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing to think that they were speakers in their past life and now your customer is going to have such a beautiful piece to display her treasures. It came up great Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you wouldn't know its original use! Lovely work Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so adorable Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! i love the paint color, and love the chicken wire.... it gives it more character and charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!!! The chicken wire, hardware, and color look perfect! Just popping in from POWW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cabinet! It is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the client loved it! What a transformation, it is now SO cute!
    I wanted to pop over and say thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your input re the copying/image theft. I've left you a comment in my replies just under your comment. Wanted to tell you in case you don't get a notification for it.
    Take care,
    Natasha x

    ReplyDelete

  9. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.
    Countertop Refinishing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. Italian kitchen cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue bahia granite, You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. Calacatta quartz in Allentown

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. cabinet maker

    ReplyDelete