January 1, 2012

My favourites of 2011

Hello, and welcome to 2012!  

I am thrilled that it is the start of a fresh new year, and I am very much looking forward to getting stuck into the projects that I have planned.  My baby starts school at the beginning of February, and while I am sure there will be tears (mine more than his!), I am excited about the new era that brings to his life, my life, and for our family dynamic in general.  It means I have 5 days a week to concentrate on my furniture (in between putting my mark on our new home, of course!)

Here is a bit of a roundup of my favourite makeovers of 2011...

I had to jump on the Union Jack bandwagon, here is my first attempt at it

And here is my second... I love them both!

I loved how the Shabby Chic Chicken Wire Hutch turned out:

This French Style Tallboy was a very satisfying transformation, made even sweeter by the fact that my client was so thrilled with it :)

The same lady commissioned me to do these French Style Chairs, and I loved how these turned out too!

This cute Hutch and Dining Suite just make me smile :)

And my absolute favourite project for the year, and the only one that I have kept for myself, are the Shabby Chic Retro Kitchen Chairs
they have already seen many happy family meals in our home, and I look forward to them seeing plenty more :)

Sharing this post at



xx Karen

10 comments:

  1. i love everything you do- you have a really sweet retro style. but those last chairs are my fave! i always love your fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie...my style is a real mix to me, but it is nice to know that it looks somewhat cohesive from the outside looking in, lol!

      xx Karen

      Delete
  2. What great work, lovin the french style chairs but l wouldn't have parted with the retro kitchen chairs either...they're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nope they are definite keepers...I already know where they will go in my new house, yay! (Just need a table to go with them)

      xx Karen

      Delete
  3. All your projects are inspiring!!
    Even though Im a retro fan thru + thru.....Im a sucker for your chicken wire hutch!!
    Look forward to seeing your new projects this year + following your house redo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rach, glad I could tempt you with a wee bit of shabby chic! ;)

    I am very much looking forward to getting stuck into my house redo...come Feb 15th I will hit the ground running!

    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your projects but the vintage kitchen chairs are my favorite too - so adorable.

    Lovely blog!

    Tanya from
    dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting to see my hutch on here! Still love it as much as I did as the day it arrived :) Never get sick of looking at it! Wish I could purchase more from you! MOve back to NZ!!!!

    ReplyDelete