March 17, 2011

Before and After - Shabby Chic Chicken Wire Hutch

A couple of months ago I bought this hutch dresser in an online auction and for some reason I cannot for the life of me find my before photo!  I usually save a photo from the online auction but I can't find that either.  So you will just have to imagine this cabinet, dark wood, with glass doors.
Here are the only progress shots I seem to have taken...


I had wanted to put chicken wire in some hutch dresser doors for ages, but hadn't found the right piece before this one came along.  It was a pretty simple process, thanks to the fact the glass was held in by tiny battens that came out easily, and I had just had an air staple gun given to me.  Boy that was fun trying it out!  
Sooo much better than the old hand stapler :)

You may have caught a peep of this dresser in the post about My first ever Market Stall

See?

Here is a closer look...


Well, until today I hadn't had a chance to take some nice photos of the whole thing looking all pretty, so I could list it for sale and do a blog post about it.

So, I will stop talking and show it to you!

I love the shape of the legs!

This cabinet would work well in a kitchen, bathroom, kids room, laundry, living area...anywhere really!

Cushions made recently by me :)
Mmmm the knobs are a little wonky but it all adds character, don't you think?

I soo wish I could have showed you the before photos, but I am sure you will believe me when I say I made it a whole lot cuter!

Sharing with
Furniture Feature Fridays
xx Karen