February 15, 2011

Update - my first market stall

Further to my last post, I thought I had better update you on how my first stall went...


It was fantastic, and I had a ball!

I was worried about how it would all look and how it would be received, and I had the odd 'OMG what am I doing, what have I got myself into' moment over the days leading up to it, but I knew I just had to get out there and do it...I am staring down the barrel of a BIG birthday later this year which I am not so thrilled about,  but as I get older I am finding the confidence to do things I would never have done 5 or 10 years ago, even 2 years ago, and for that I am very pleased :)  I guess it takes a while for some of us to figure out if you don't do it now, you may never get to do it.

I jumped way outside of my comfort zone and I lived to tell the tale, a little bit wiser to boot. I am very happy with that :)
Anyway, here are some photos of the day...
Me and my helper girl...she was very excited that Mummy and her were running a 'shop'!
The kids loved it, but to be fair they loved the face painting, the donkey rides, the lucky dips and the bouncy castle the best ;)

I sold 4 items - the 'Paris' cushion, which I absolutely loved and plan on making more very soon; the small round white side table; the little grey twig basket and a mirror.

I got one confirmed upholstery job and numerous other enquiries which I will follow up on over the next couple of weeks.  

I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to doing it again in a few weeks.  Next time I won't be nervous, just very very excited!

xx Karen

14 comments:

  1. Karen, how exciting for you. I can just imagine how you felt as you made you very first sale of the day. I would have been drawn to your stall like a magnet.

    I love the chairs done in the pretty floral vintage look. Aspects of the stall remind me of Robert Gordon products. Pretty.

    Good on you for being brave and getting out of your comfort zone,

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks WONDERFUL, congratulations!! Seems like the kids had a great time too, so a worthwhile day all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It looked great. Can you send some courage over here... I have a garage full of stuff to sell!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you had a great time and made great connections! and where ever did you find such an adorable helper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your stall looks amazing. Well done. It's a lot of work but worth it when you get more well-known. Your assistant is adorable.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to get your name out there! Stall looks fantasic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! Well done you! I know I would have been nervous also. But it all looks wonderful and you set it all out beautifully. You should be proud of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks beautifully put together, Karen! Good for you! I spotted that fun Paris pillow and I love that little lamp with the pretty shade. I'm so excited that you had a great time and you'll be even more excited for the next time. I would have been nervous the first time as well. Your helper is a doll! Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you Karen. You've got more guts than me that's for sure!
    Your shop looks just gorgeous and I bet it was the stand-out at the market.
    Word of mouth is a wonderful thing. I imagine you could find yourself quite busy in the very near future :o)
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a great opportunity to show off your stuff and make people more aware of what you do! I'm so excited for you and all the new doors it opened...big things to come - I can feel it!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you, Karen! Love your striped tent. Everything looked great. You've broken the ice and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. Happy to read you sold some things & lined up some business. Very cool!

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could by from your shop! That table with the floral chairs would be MINE! Really cute stuff you have!
    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh..that looks like soooo much fun! I would love to do that! Everything looked great!

    ReplyDelete