December 8, 2010

Some Kitchen Chairs and a Coffee Table

These belong to Penny, who wanted them painted and shabbied up a bit...
They had seen better days, and were in need of a makeover, so I got to work sanding down the tabletop.  Some of the deeper scratches I filled with builders fill (some little scratches and dings add character, big ones, not so much!)
After that I washed all the pieces, then got to work with my primer.
Three coats of top coat, a gorgeous warm french cream, a bit of a cardio workout hand-distressing all those spindles....and here we are!

Roses from my garden :)
Fingers crossed that Penny likes her Restyled Vintage table and chairs!

Showing this off at Cassie's Piece of Work Wednesday party
and
 Furniture Feature Fridays
and

xx Karen


10 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Karen! I'm sure she'll love them. I love the colour you used - do you remember the brand/name by any chance?

    Hope you're having a great week!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful transformation Karen as are your roses. Ha ha I can just imagine the cardio workout. I totally agree it is one for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny will love them! If not, you can send them to my house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Distressed cream is such a classic, they look lovely!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  5. they looks so soft and pretty! those chairs went from being any old chair to something special. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting ready to restyle some chairs myself in the creamy white color. - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm sure she will love them you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is lovely! It's just the style that I love. I have bought quite a bit of old stuff that I want to paint white and distress myself- I just need to get it done. Recently I found two chairs exactly the same as the ones above on the side of the road being thrown out. I snapped them up very quickly. Just love them!

    ReplyDelete