November 18, 2010

Pretty Bedside Tables

Hello there!  Sorry it has been a while since I last posted any reveals, I have been busy working away on a few projects, such as these Mahogany bedside cabinets.
(online auction photo from sales listing)
 
I liked the shapes on them, and just knew I could make them pretty.
I washed them down, removed the handles (with a hammer...they were glued on, I hate those sort!) then filled the holes, because strangely enough, they weren't evenly spaced on the drawers.  
Weird that it never bothered the previous owner/s!

After a coat of sealer, they got 4 coats of Dulux Cape Colville in a semi gloss water based enamel...then I hit them with the sandpaper and sanding sponge.
And here they are all done...
(Excuse the leaves and ugly carpet.  This is my workshop (previously known as a garage) and I like to work with the doors open.  No sooner do I vacuum in there, all the leaves start blowing back in again!)

And old friend of mine sent these knobs to me all the way from India...very sweet of her and they look perfect on these.  Plus I hid a wee surprise in the drawers just to tie it all together...
This gorgeous shade of pink, Resene Cosmos, which I found at my local paint store, in the mistints section.  It is not actually a mistint in the colour sense, the paint shop man just said it had probably been tinted in the wrong formula (but luckily for me, it was just the formula I use - Semi Gloss Water Based Enamel).  Can't wait to use it on some more projects
...oh wait I did already...just haven't posted about it yet  ;)


Showing these off at
Photobucket
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite 
Special
Furniture
 Feature Fridays
and
xx Karen

19 comments:

  1. Lovely makeover Karen, and the knobs are very sweet, along with the pink drawers inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Love the pink inside the drawers. My boring to better party is still going if you want to add this so others can see the great work you do. It is one post back on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tables are really pretty. And I love the color in the drawer coordinated with the cute knobs! I often line my drawers, but I've never thought to paint them. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet set of tables, I love the pink! Good job Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! I love the knobs and how you tied it all together with the pink inside. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those turned out awesome, Karen! The knobs and the pretty pink paint inside the drawers makes them so special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love those! they are sooo sweet. love the pop of pink on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great transformation....love the unexpected touch of pink in the drawers and those knobs are so cute!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these bedside tables, Karen! They're beautiful. The knobs are great and the soft pink inside the drawers is the perfect finishing touch. These colors are lovely together. I thnk these are my favorite pieces that you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous knobs - you have a good connection! I should tell my friends to give me unique hardware as gifts...

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Karen, those came out great. We go to Anthropologie to buy knobs like that, yet you get the real deal from India. Love the added touch to the interior of the drawers.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great lines and distressing to bring that out. The hardware really works with these tables. They are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Karen! The knobs and the pink drawers are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful finish and the knobs are so fun! Thanks for linking to SFS!! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so fun! They have both a vintage and modern feel. The pink drawers are just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen,
    The tables turned out so sweet! I love the knobs and how they match the inside of the drawers! Super cute!!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete