July 6, 2010

Latest Transformations

Remember these?
After my upholsterer worked his magic with the oilcloth I supplied him with, they now look like this:
Ahhh, much better!  These are for sale here.

This Queen Anne style mahogany coffee table was tidy enough, just not my style.  I love all the carved detail around the top:
It was almost the same to another one (since sold) which I painted like this:
I was pleased with how that one came out but didn't want to do another the same.  I had been inspired to do something in just the right shade of grey after seeing this gorgeous hutch at My House of Giggles.  Isn't it stunning?  Gorgeous shapes, and gorgeous colour.  I can see why Tracey couldn't stop staring at her lovely hutch!  I went to our local paint shop and looked at some colour chips, and then picked out a couple to look at in A4 size (which gives a much better idea than the tiny little squares on the colour charts).  I came home with Resene Raven, and I am thrilled with the colour.  This is what it looks like on the table:

This glory box that I posted a picture of last week, is also part way through a transformation to Raven grey as well.....reveal coming soon!
xx Karen

10 comments:

  1. Thankyou thankyou thankyou! I love the colour that Tracey used on her hutch and have been after something similar. I am going to get some of that Resene Raven and do my buffet/hutch too:o)
    Your stools are too cute.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  2. those stools are so cute,love 'em! -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stools ar so cute with the polka dots! And I love the grey on that table. You have really good prices too.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice on the polka dots! And you're right, that table has fantastic lines but needed lightening up!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I love he gray as well! Did you dry brush it also or use glaze? Perhaps both? Also, Do you ever top coat your pieces with something clear?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoce pink and white polka dots are adorable! Wonderful transformations...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks great! I'd take that pink bar stool home with me in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those stools are adorable! and i really love that coffee table- the color and finish are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my I love your coffee table makeover in that duck egg blue, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, beautiful pieces! The duck egg blue is wonderful. I have a question for you - what is the rule for using primer? I noticed that sometimes you use it and other times you paint directly onto the wood. Thanks for your advice :)

    ReplyDelete