May 25, 2010

Back into it

and currently working on some bar stools for a client...the first time I have painted furniture that already belongs to someone else....so far all is going well, so not too nerve-wracking!

Here is what they looked like before:
Tidy....plain....dark....in need of something....client decided she'd like them lighter but not white or cream so we went with a colour she had already used in her home, Resene Sisal.  

Here are some work-in-progress shots:

In case you were wondering, the real estate magazine pages under the chairs are not to protect my paint drop cloth (that is well beyond help!), they are so I can spin the chair frames around as I paint them :)

I am working inside today because it is raining so hard, and really cold too.  Too cold for paint to dry properly in the garage....much more comfortable inside!

7 comments:

  1. Those look really great!
    Kisses and enjoy your project!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming along great. Are the tops going to be white as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simone, and thanks for that. The tops will be the same colour as the legs, Resene Sisal which is a light beige colour. I did think (a little too late) that the tops might have looked cool left dark but I already had the sealer coat on by then...so never mind!

    There is one more coat of paint to do on the tops then once they are dry, the fun part - distressing :)

    cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen....these are coming along well. I'm looking forward to seeing how they go :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I am soooo excited to find you, another kiwi blogger. I am living on the Gold Coast but my heart is well and truly still in NZ (very homesick). I have just had a quick scroll through some of your posts and will come back for a good read later. I can see lots of Kiwi creativity going on here:o)
    I would love to have you over at my blog and would love to mention your blog if it's okay with you, let me know.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi karen, thanks for visiting me today and leaving your sweet comment...as for the fabric, i had it on hand from when i did my gossip bench, and just used leftovers from that. my vision for the chair actually exceeded my capabilities...so i took the easy route, and i suppose it turned out ok! :) your bar stools look great as well!

    ReplyDelete