April 24, 2014

Provence Coffee Table


I've just finished this coffee table for Tracy, a regular client of mine. She's filling her home with my creations, which is pretty cool! A lot of my work is repeat business from existing clients, and new clients often find me through their friends, who have a piece or pieces of Restyled Vintage in their homes. I'm very happy and grateful that once people do business with me, they come back for more. That tells me I'm doing something right!

Here's what the table looked like before:
We discussed many colour options and in the end, Tracy decided upon Provence. I have to say it wasn't one of my favourite paint colours, but after using it on this table, I have changed my mind!


I styled the shots in my downstairs living area...I think the table looks pretty good in there. I don't have a coffee table in front of the couches usually because the kids spread out and play on the rug...it is usually covered in Lego and Sylvanian Families!

Details:
- Coffee table has been painted in 3 coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Provence then sealed with Annie Sloan Clear Wax
- Couches - Ektorp from Ikea
- Enamel jug is from Ikea
- Enamel tray is from Ikea
- Rug is from Spotlight
- Larger Aqua Cushions - Ikea
- Small Aqua Cushion - Laura Ashley (found at op shop)
- Yellow Floral Cushion - Handmade by Restyled Vintage

It turns out I had plenty of home decor items in my home in a similar colour to the paint colour I didn't like...lol...I love the colour, I just didn't like it for furniture...until now!

Tomorrow is a public holiday here for us in NZ and Australia as we remember our ANZACS. A day when us Kiwis and Aussies put aside our friendly ribbing and rivalry and celebrate our common bonds. And eat Anzac biscuits...invented by the Kiwis of course ;)

On Saturday something VERY exciting is happening, so exciting I am having trouble sleeping...I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! 

Will share it as soon as I can...promise!


2 comments:

  1. I Love it Karen! The legs on that table are amazing, and the colour really looks beautiful! I bet your client loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Karen! You have such a creative mind. Meeting my expectation and my sense of design and style are the great reasons why I love doing a DIY home furniture. Creativity in doing a DIY home furniture is a big factor to succeed and to save your penny as well.

    ReplyDelete