May 14, 2013

Restyled Vintage in Romantic Homes Magazine

Good morning!  I had some exciting news last night, my blog and a couple of my furniture projects got a mention in the June 2013 issue of an American publication, Romantic Homes Magazine.

I was contacted by the magazine a few months back and asked to supply some pictures.  Beth Livesay from the magazine told me that the pictures would be in the June issue, which of course is Spring in the US, so she asked if I could send pictures of projects that had a Spring feel.  My signature style is pretty, bright, fresh and happy which fits with a Springtime theme, so that was easy enough.  Narrowing down my favourite projects was tricky though!  The following pictures are the ones I sent:

 


And following is what was published in the magazine.  I wasn't expecting all my photos to be published, and was thrilled to even get a mention to be honest, but it is interesting to see which ones made the cut.  I am happy with the ones she selected as I think they give a good indication of my style.
 Below is a closer view of the text.  I had to laugh (and shudder!) about being called Australian. 
 (An Australian wouldn't like to be called a New Zealander, either!)
I am very happy and fortunate to live in Australia but that is as close as this proud Kiwi will ever get to being Australian...I couldn't even sound like an Australian if my life depended on it ;)

These pictures are as close as I can get to the magazine, which I can't buy locally.  I'd like to thank my friend Kim, of the gorgeous blog Savvy Southern Style for sending these pictures to me.

I'm headed to my workshop to paint something. Catch you later!

13 comments:

  1. Very exciting, congrats and the pics look great. How funny to be called an Aussie, were your NZ relatives horrified?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, such great PR for your blog and furniture Karen, I love the photos they chose -they really do sum up your style so well. and the bunting sets it all off gorgeously.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome Karen!! Congrats!! Soo exciting for you! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that's awesome! So happy for you. You do such an amazing job with your furniture makeovers. Well done! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! That's amazing, and the photos all look beautiful! REALLY well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice job Karen, not bad for an aussie chick....oops I mean Kiwi...you know us aussies always like to claim the kiwi success stories....my partner is a Kiwi through and through so I know what you mean.
    congratulations.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Karen! How excitimg! Your work is beautiful. I will pick up the magazine and look forward to seeing your feature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, the mag spread looks really lovely, you must be feeling really proud - even if they did mess with your identity ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on you and yes I picked up the Australian as soon as I saw it....Not on eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed my visit here after seeing your blog featured in Romantic Homes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed my visit here after seeing your blog featured in Romantic Homes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This article provides readers with the pros and cons of marital counseling. The pros include having a neutral and experienced person offer Paarberatung

    ReplyDelete