July 11, 2012

Before and After: Make Do & Mend Painted Blanket Box




I won the tender on this blanket box/chest a few weeks back.
It was just plain pine T&G with a green vinyl upholstered lid.

I was thinking about what colour I was going to paint it, and decided to wait until I found the right fabric for the top.  As soon as I saw the 'Make Do and Mend' fabric at Spotlight, I knew I had found it!

Here it is now 
Isn't the fabric so cute?  I just love all the colours, the birds, the pattern on the birds, and of course, the message goes quite well with my love for making old stuff cuter and giving it a new lease on life :)
The colour on the box is a lovely duck egg shade of green, and inside...
I combined a Lime Green gingham lining with a shot of Raspberry Pink.

Here are three of my 47cm square cushions in there to give you an idea of the size.  
This would be great in a craft room...storage with bonus seating!


I just received my shipment of new name labels so of course had to pop one on the lining :)

If you are local, and interested in this piece, it is for sale...you can email me for details :)

**edited to add, this piece has now sold**

Sharing at

Primitive and Proper