October 11, 2010

A busy week

Isn't it funny, how just when you take a week off, and head away on a family road trip, things go mad on the furniture front (in a good way!).  That is what happened here last week so I am on a bit of a high now, I love it when people buy my creations and I love seeing how happy they are to take their new treasures home.  I know I have said it before, but I really LOVE my 'job'....in my old day job it didn't involve anything pretty and sure didn't put as many smiles on faces!

So this is where we were last week:
Lake Tekapo, South Island, New Zealand
Cardrona Hotel, Wanaka, South Island, New Zealand
Lake Tekapo, South Island, New Zealand
Queenstown, South Island, New Zealand  
Cardrona Hotel, South Island, New Zealand 
Lake Pukaki with Mt Cook in background, South Island, New Zealand
Lake Pukaki, South Island, New Zealand  
Puzzling World, Wanaka, New Zealand
Puzzling World, Wanaka, New Zealand (the guy with his pants down is part of a painting, lol)
Lake Wanaka, South Island, New Zealand
Queenstown, South Island, New Zealand
Glendhu Bay, Laka Wanaka, New Zealand
Glendhu Bay, Laka Wanaka, New Zealand 
Arrowtown, South Island, New Zealand
Skyline Gondola, Queenstown, New Zealand
Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu view from Skyline Gondola
Cadbury's Chocolate Factory, Dunedin, New Zealand   
We packed alot into our 5 nights away, and travelled quite a distance for NZ standards at least :)  We all had a fantastic time, I absolutely love it when it is just the four of us out there having adventures.  But home we had to come, and I must say we were all glad to see it...holidays are nice but it makes home seem even sweeter when you return...nothing like your own bed!

Anyway, sorry for all the holiday shots, this is meant to be a furniture blog but sometimes it is nice to mix a bit of other 'keepin' it real' stuff in here too...well I think so anyway.  I know that alot of my followers are from the Northern hemisphere (and across the ditch...ahem...Sandy xx) and I am a proud Kiwi and love my beautiful country so if any of these shots might tempt you here then that is all good!

So as if I don't have enough photos in this post, here is what has headed to new homes recently...




So, Spring school holidays are over, and I am having my first kid-free day in three weeks....better go paint some furniture!

xx Karen

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your sales, they come along when least expected dont they!
    Love the pics, Im anxious to go to New Zealand, and was planning to go next year, but another trip has come up that all the family can go to...So maybe the next year, when is the best time, not too hot or cold?
    Thanks,Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really busy week with lovely weather.
    My son still has a couple of those miniature Cadbury cars on his shelf and he is 21!!
    Your furniture looks fab as always and I am glad that you are selling some.

    Enjoy your lovely weather.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful family holiday!
    And how exciting selling all of your great projects.
    I know for a fact that Sandy would love to pop over and meet up with you. You 2 are like long lost friends and you haven't even met face to face yet. You have got to make that happen!
    Angex
    PS It's a bit hard being a Kiwi in Aus at the moment - have you seen the Commonwealth Games medal tally lately :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I'm a proud Australian but I LOVE NZ! I spent 3 weeks there a few years ago with my husband and I used to say that anywhere you look in NZ is a postcard. It's so picturesque and the air is so clean and fresh. What a lovely part of the world you live in! Wonderful news on your furntiture, and not surprising. :)xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME scenery {including the furniture! ;}

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow- new zealand looks like such a beatiful place. i can't imagine living there! gorgeous!
    and that bed in the last pic- to die for! stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful family vacation photos! I really enjoyed seeing them. New Zealand looks gorgeous - such pretty scenery. My husband and I have talked about taking a trip there soon. You all looked like you had a great time. Oh, how fun...Cadbury chocolate! Congratulations on all of your furniture sales! That's exciting! That coffee table is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics! You're making me homesick!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen welcome home, you guys looked so relaxed, I loved seeing all these gorgeous images especially Wanaka the backdrop looks divine and I said to Tim that maybe we should plan a trip to NZ. You look gorgeous is your summery clothes which is more than I can say for our Qld weather at the moment. I was almost tempted to light the fire tonight. It has rained non stop for about four days now. Great that your selling heaps of your pieces nothing better always puts a smile on our faces. Chat soon. Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen you have certainly tempted me with those gorgeous holiday snaps! Such beautiful scenery, you are so lucky to have it all on your doorstep. We will get to NZ for sure one day. Love all your recent restyling work too! Nice job! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. New Zealand is soooo pretty! I went bungee jumping in Queenstown! I love all of your work, and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like you had a great time!! We have yet to take our kids down south.
    congrats on all your sales......bet they are very happy with their lovely buys!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful photo's! your furniture is so great!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your furniture pieces and also the holiday snaps. You live in a beautiful country, we went there for our honeymoon and loved it!
    alicia
    ps. hard to leave comments as you are only allowing google accounts and I am typepad, others are wordpress. Possible to change setting perhaps as I do love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Karen that is so awesome!! Good for you and yay for sales!

    Your holiday looked like a wonderful time, how good is it to get away and recharge?

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful family. Looks like you enjoyed yourselves! Good for you for moving so many furniture pieces into new homes...they're beautiful.

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karen,
    First off I am IN LOVE with the red polka dot barstools. Those things are freakin amazing! Second off thatnks for your comment on my blog about the "r" word. You are so sweet!

    Love your guts
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some great furniture pieces. I love the dresser and that bed is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete