June 23, 2010

What I have been up to

First of all, sorry that my posts have been a bit irregular lately!  I am finding this winter weather and temperature very frustrating, it doesn't combine well with trying to paint furniture in your garage.  I dream of having a 'proper' studio and one day I will...but at present I have to work with what I have got.  So, what have I been working on?  Still seem to be buying more than I can get finished!  My business depends on not only people liking and buying what I produce, but also the continued availability of old furniture with great potential.  I think that I have a fear that the supply of old furniture will run out...even though that ain't that likely!

So anyway, I am going to recap with before photos then I PROMISE I shall have some reveals tomorrow.
Remember this 'beauty'?

I blogged about it here.  You'll need to scroll down a bit.
And this, in the same blog post as the 'orange roughy':

Well, here is a wee peep of what this is turning into...
Also in that post, I talked about a little telephone stool but I didn't take a picture of it.  That is finished now, with the Mod Podge drying as I type.  Just need daylight to take a photo of it, which I haven't got right now.


I have also almost finished painting the frame to this daybed...in Dulux Antique White USA:
And I haven't gone and looked for some fabric to cover it yet...looking forward to that shopping trip!


till tomorrow,
 Karen xx


3 comments:

  1. You sound so much like me, plenty to keep you going for a while,lol. Too bad about the cold weather but at least you have an excuse unike moi, I'm just a bit lazy.
    Can't wait to see all the "afters".
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool daybed. It's going to be fun to see the transformation. :)

    ReplyDelete