April 28, 2010

Retro Dining Suite in Caramel & Red

I bought this at an auction a few weeks ago.  For the price I paid for it, I had hoped that the chairs just needed a good scrub to tidy them up.  After a bidding war was won and I got them home, I discovered that they needed far more than elbow grease - they needed an upholsterer and new fabric.

Here they are in their before state.  They don't look that bad, but believe me, the colour on the chairs wasn't really that colour, it was years of grime.  I didn't take a close up but they were pretty rough around the edges.



This is what they look like now.  The table still needs a clean and I have to put little feet on the chair legs (I bought some today but they are the wrong size!) but I was so excited with how it all came together that I just wanted to show it off!

And please excuse the fact that I took the photos in my garage, I usually like to make sure I have a nice backdrop for my photos but again, I just wanted to show them off as soon as I could!

 If you'd like this gorgeous cutie of a suite in your home, it should be ready for sale on my Trademe listings in the next few days.

I am sharing this with blogland on
 Transformation Thursday
and
Furniture Feature Fridays

11 comments:

  1. Amazing transformation, the chairs look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Norma, I am thrilled with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting and following my blog Karen. I was surprised (but of course delighted) to see your face there this morning :) Most of my furniture 'makeovers' are in miniature, but included on my blog is some reno of our cottage near Dunedin - unfortunately its a SLOW job because we live in Sydney and only get over there for a month or so at a time. It's not just the house that's getting the attention but also the furniture so having done, and planning to do more, I can appreciate the work that goes into the pieces you are doing. I'm frustrated that I can't do more here (we live in a small apartment) but at least I can enjoy watching your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you kept the same "flavor" of the chairs. They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so cute! I love what you did with them. I really like the set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo cute. I love red and it makes this dining set stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and remarkable TRANSFORMATION! You are truly talented and the chairs (set) is awesome! While I was visiting one of my favorite Blogs, I happened across a comment your made and I just knew I had to visit you! I look forward to more of your remarkable redos! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this transformation! If I had room for this set, it would find the perfect spot in my red kitchen!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, seriously!? i want to eat those chairs, they are so delish!! well done restoring them!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool vintage set! Auctions can be a realy hit or miss. Too bad these needed additional work, but it all turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I DO love this. :) Thanks for visiting me and for your sweet comment! Happy weekend!

    Smiles,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete