March 30, 2010

The Retro Piano Stool, almost complete

I have worked on this today, putting it all back together and tacking the new oilcloth upholstery in place.  I need to find some fabric to line the inside of the seat/lid, and I'd really like to stencil a word/number/symbol along the front of it, in red to match the oilcloth, or brown to match the basecoat which is peeping through the cream where I distressed it.  Any suggestions?

And, just a reminder of how she looked before my upcycling efforts...

7 comments:

  1. You did a really fabulous job! I think something in red would be nice - I just did numbers (vinyl) on my front door and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that piece was really ugly. :) I love how you've given new life to this piece. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! look at those polka dots! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo, I love this! My thought instead of a number would be a piano note or two, and a G clef (the squiggly music symbol that looks like an old fashioned S). :-)

    ReplyDelete