April 28, 2010

When I picked up the Retro Dining Chairs today,

I dropped off some fabric for recovering the Retro Office Chair.  I had wanted it to be reupholstered in black polka dot oilcloth but because of the curved back, my upholstery man said it wouldn't work (and he gave it a good try!).  So I went right off the black and white vision, and have gone for a much more Shabby Chic look in White, Pink and Red.  She should be ready for her big reveal in a week or so!


A reminder of what she looks like now...





I think that I'll leave the metal pedestal part all chipped and shabby...I'll see what I think when the upholstery job is completed.



5 comments:

  1. Hello there, so i love re-doing furniture or trying to make things out of nothing-so one thing i love is taking something so funky-ugly or tossed and seeing how i can make it totally differ. SO I can Not wait to see what and how you re-do this little gem.
    Just Love It..
    Karryann-like the new design

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how this turns out! BTW, I saw your question about the crackers in those twix bars, I hope I can help. Club crackers are just a plain buttery tasting very lightley salted cracker. Graham crackers are made with graham flour, they are brown, just very subtly sweet, sometimes with a light coating of sugar sometimes not. I hope that helps. I'm going to make these tomorrow for my father's birthday...he loves caramel! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing what you do! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place when you get a moment. I have become a follower and would be honored if you chose to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ergonomisk kontorstol We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

    ReplyDelete