March 28, 2010

Duck Egg Distressed Sideboard and Matching Coffee Table

I was thrilled to find these items on trademe, from different sellers, a few days apart, as they have very similar shapes and carved detail on them.  I painted these using a technique I hadn't tried on furniture before - after scrubbing, sanding and sealing, I painted a solid dark colour underneath (Dulux Pure Zeal) and then dry-ish brushed a greeny duck-egg colour (Dulux Punakaiki) over the top, before lightly distressing just the edges, and waxing all over with white liming wax.  I am really pleased with the way they came out, and they look perfect in my lounge where they will stay - these ones are not for sale!

First, the before photos:



And what they look like now:




2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the old-dark-wood to bright-and-happy transformations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kacey, me too...isn't it amazing what you can do with paint!

    ReplyDelete