February 14, 2010

The Duck Egg Distressed Hutch...

 This has turned out just as I hoped, maybe even better :) 

I have painted this in my favourite colours, duck egg blue, baby pink, and cream.  Fresh, light and beautiful. 
It wasn't hard for me to find some lovely matching treasures to sit on the hutch for the photos!
I think it would work just as well in a little girl's room as it would in a kitchen...maybe even a bathroom....
I always like to paint the inside of hutches and cupboards to give the whole piece an overall fresh, 
Restyled feel.  
Nothing worse than something looking pretty on the outside only to open up the cupboards and seeing the original dark dingy interior!

This is what I started with...

I think I made quite an improvement!
xx Karen


5 comments:

  1. This hutch turned out great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the before picture! Your hutch is beautiful. Love the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the stripes, nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great paint treatment! The transformation is amazing! Way to go.
    Midge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I am in love:) very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete