December 21, 2010

More Wreaths and Stuff...

No painting for me this week...too hot and too many things to do before Christmas...plus the kids have finished school.   I still had an urge to make something, and while it should involve butter, sugar, eggs and the oven, it involved fabrics, pinking shears, bias binding and my sewing machine!
Red Dotty
Candy Stripe
Red Plaid and Gingham
Red Plaid
They were all for sale here but are selling fast!

The other pretty that I whipped up today was this wee cutie...
Upcycled Doily Bunting

I thought it was a really nice way to give a new purpose to some pretty things from the past, that don't necessarily fit into 2010 life...
Well, that is probably it from me for 2010...
so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  

Thanks so much to all of my readers, especially the ones who make regular comments...
Cassie, Sandy, Lenore, Allison, Pam, Jami, Sonia, Sharon, Anita and Kim & Christine, what talented and inspiring ladies you all are.  Thanks for your support and encouragement, I love it.

Of course too, thanks so much to the lovely people that have purchased my creations this year, or entrusted me with their furniture to give new life to :)

See you after the holidays!

xx Karen

8 comments:

  1. Now Karen, did I read too hot for painting? :) :)
    I don't believe it!!

    Love your handmade wreaths and bunting - just gorgeous! Glad they are selling well!

    Have a Happy Christmas to you and your family.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those. Too hot to paint huh? We have been cold, but now it is getting warmer through Christmas eve and then cold and windy on Christmas. Roller coaster weather, but we are used to it.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric wreath are gorgeous! So festive! Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen the doily bunting is so gorgeous, as is your wreath. You've definitely got the creative gene! Have a merry christmas with your family, and look forward to seeing all the Restyled Vintage pieces in 2011! Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the doily bunting! Super cute! The fabrics in your wreath are darling! Oh how I wish the weather was warmer here! It's funny how our weather is exact opposites! Enjoy your warm sunny days!!! Have a wonderful Christmas Down Under with your fam!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wreaths are lovely, Karen and so fun!. We've got lots and lots of rain right now and damp weather so I haven't been doing much painting at the moment either. I am going to start my baking tomorrow. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love those wreaths! I always love coming here and see what you have created. You have such a talent to transform something tired into something fabulous.

    You have a safe and Happy Holiday season. Try to stay cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the wreath... i was thinking about making one like that for valentines day.

    now that i keep seeing them i really want to!

    ReplyDelete